Water treatment & Sludge dewatering
To assure that the right products and dosing levels are applied, several different products are evaluated in a laboratory before running in full scale. It’s done at repeated occasions to include all different conditions that the production process may show. More than one product is often combined in concepts with multiple components to achieve optimum results.
Cationic and anionic polymers with varying charge density and molecular weight. The products are either liquid or powder form.
Powder products are delivered in 500 kg or 750 kg big bags. The bags have four stripes and a spout at the bottom. The products are also available in 25 kg bags. The powder is dissolved in a make up unit to a concentration of 0,2-0,5 % depending on the capacity of the make up unit.
Liquid products are delivered in road tanker, IBC or drum. They are mixed with water and dosed from simple dosing equipment, that we can provide. The concentration of the solution should be 0,5-1 %.
- Excellent flocking for water treatment and sludge dewatering. The right charge and molecular weight is chosen in lab evaluations for every application.
- For water treatment the polymers are combined with other chemicals as polyaluminiumklorid PAC (Ekoflock och Pluspac), fixatives (FixStar®) and bentonite (BentStar®).
- The choice of polymer is important for each application. The effect of the product increases, a cleaner reject and a higher dry solids content is achieved.
- In combination with other additives as fixatives (FixStar®) and bentonite (BentStar®) the effect for sludge dewatering can be improved even further.
BentStar® is a micro particle used for internal and external water treatment. The product is combined with polymers, fixatives and PAC (Ekoflock eller Pluspac). The bentonite is in powder from and is a specfically treated clay (from volcanic ash).
The product is delivered in road tanker or in 1000 kg big bags, with or without spout. The benonite is made into a slurry of 2-5 % in a make up unit.
- Effective in removing solid colloidal particles and fines material
- Improves the flocking in internal and external water treatment
- Gives a cleaner reject and increases dry solids in sludge dewatering
- Reduces BOD/COD
- Functions in a wide pH-interval
FixStar® is available with different charge levels and molecular weights, normally as polyDADMAC or polyamine. Compared to poyacrylamides they have much higher charge and lower molecular weights. Normally the products are used for fixation and/or to control the cationc demand. The products are used in combination with polymer and/or bentonite at paper machines or water treatment plans, for higher retention, pitch control and cleaner water.
FixStar® are liquid products that are delivered in road tankers or in IBC of 1000 kg. The product can easily be dosed with a pump, normally excenter screw- or membrane pump.
- Neutralizes anionic charge in the process water and sludge which improves the conditions for performance of the polymer
- Fixes solid colloidal particles in the process water
- Improves dewatering in sludge presses
- Performs in a wide pH-interval
- Easy to dose
Tradenames: Ekoflock – Pluspac – Plusjärn
ACM cooperates with Feralco Nordic AB in the Swedish paper industry. Together we have a strong and complete product portfolio, which is combined with the long and extensive experience of water treatment at both compaines. The common concept offers security and value for our customers.
Feralco Nordic’s iron- and aluminium based coagulants can be used with benefit to meet different needs in the water treatment processes. Applications where these products are used succesfully are for raw water treatment, internal process water and external effluent treatment.
EKOFLOCK and PLUSPAC – Feralco Nordic’s highly concentrated polyaluminiumchloride solutions (PAC) are high performing and have low content of heavy metals. The main active component is a highly charged aluminium complex. Together with the customer we evaluate the best suitable product for the application in question.
- High reduction of tubidity and suspended solids
- Effective reduction of COD and BOD
- Low sludge production
- Consistent concentration
- Liquid product to be pumped directly from the storage tank
- Easy to dose, preparation not required
- Not temperature dependant
- Increase of production availability, can be adapted to change in conditions
PLUSJÄRN S 314 is an effective iron chloride solution with high performance and low heavy metal content. The active component is a trivalent iron compound.
- High reduction of turbidity and suspended solids.
- Effective sludge conditioning
- Low sludge production
- Reduction of hydrogen sulphide (H2S)
- Effective for the production of biogas
- Stable concentration